Lunes, Enero 29, 2018

Credit Card Nightmare

I has been years but I can still remember how I was back the. I was young and happy that I was approved for a credit card. I told myself that I would only use it for "Emergency" situations but that not what happened. I ended up swiping my card whenever I feel like it. I didn't know that my debt is filing up. I have been paying, yes, but it wasn't enough to cover all of my balance as the day goes by my balance is getting bigger and bigger. 

One day, I received a phone call from a collections agent asking for my payment. The agent was so rude as if I owe him anything. Back then I just moved to a new company which means I do not have enough pay to cover all my bills. They keep on calling me everyday and what makes it hard is that they are harassing me. They told me that they will come to my place and take my things as payment things like that. One time an agent told me that they will go to our Barangay to file complaint against me and then there's this one incident that they told me that a sheriff will show up to my place. 

Honestly, I wasn't able to sleep because of the harassment that I received. I remember one agent even came to my place pretending to be a lawyer. He spoke to my mom and it made her very uncomfortable. I really do not know what to do until my friend who works at a bank told me the following:

  • Bank representative/lawyer will never go to your place. So if someone comes in and makes a scene get their name and file a complaint to BSP.
  • Some people are rejecting collection notice, you should accept it as proof that you are residing at the address on file because they might use that in case they file a complaint.
  • If they file a case against you, go to the court and tell them how you can pay off your debt. There you will have a chance to pay your debt according to how you want to pay it. But most of the time, they DO NOT file a case because they do not want waste time and money. 
  • Collection agents are most of the time from third party collections agencies, bank sells delinquent/cancelled accounts to third party collection agencies. If they get you to pay, that's how they will earn.

Knowing all the stuff I mentioned is good but then there is no better way to avoid Bad Debt other than spending wisely. Do not buy anything that you cannot pay right away. I have learn my lesson in a hard way, I hope you guys have learned something from me. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento