Lunes, Enero 29, 2018

Looking Back at My Life

I am right here sitting in my couch looking back on how my life went through for the past 33 years. At this time I believe that I have experienced everything and with God's grace I was able to overcome all of the obstacles that I encounter in my life. 

My first challenge was when I was a little girl, I am a  kind of person who does not want to be left behind but does not know how to fight back. I have a friend who used to bully me whenever I defeat her on our games. Weird because she has been one of my closest friends. During grade school my dad has always high hopes for me. He doesn't want to sign my report card and he would throw it whenever my scores are behind his expectations. I worked hard to meet his expectations but failed to show him because he passed away when I was 13.

During high school, I can remember my mom working all day washing clothes of other people to feed us. I am proud of her but feel sorry for her at the same time. I couldn't help but feel sad whenever I visit her in her work place and I see her running errands. I told myself that she will not have to do it once I have a work. As a teenager, I could have party with my friends but I decided to stay home and take care of my siblings. I remember saving my lunch money so I can share it with my brothers and sisters in order for them to have something to eat at school. It goes on until my college days. I used to spend my lunch time in our library working on homework because I do not have money.

Because my mom couldn't send me to school anymore, I decided to stop studying and apply for a job. After months of job hunting, I was finally accepted by a BPO company back then it was so hard to get into a BPO company because they prefer college graduates and they require you to have American accent. I cried after I signed my job offer and promised my family that I will take care of them. This happened 12 years ago, today I am very grateful to the Lord for allowing me to experience all the hardships and for believing in me. 

As a mom, my only wish right now is to give my son a good life and I will raise him as a good person who fears and believes in God. 

God, had let me go through all of it because He knows I can. I am very proud of what I have been through and so thankful that I have my family to support me all through out.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento