Biyernes, Agosto 19, 2011

KULO "Blasphemous Art"

Kulo Exhibit by Mideo Cruz for me is not art. Moderm Filipinos who call them selves "free thinkers" or whatever considers the said exhibit as an art but for me it is a mere trash. One thing that I always keep in mind and that is to always respect other people. I respect Mideo Cruz as an artist but what I can't understand is why he did such thing. Freedom of expression is not absolute. You see you can express your opinions in anyway but you need to make sure that you respect other people as well. If you want to be respected then you need to respect other people too. For those "modern" filipinos they don't mind what he did because of freedom of expression but what if it is your picture or your mother's picture and not Jesus would you still consider it as "freedom of expression" and will not do something about it? It is as simple as that. Same thing in using social networking, we are free to post whatever we want to post in our wall and to someone's wall but we need to be responsible in posting in walls in social networking because we don't want to offend anybody right? It is the same thing so he should have thought about it before creating his so called "art"  Don's use freedom of expression as an excuse because everyone has the right to express what they feel but everyone has the right for "RESPECT"

2 komento:

  1. The time I heard the news and saw the art, I'm not really religious but it made me sad instead of being in outrage. Why such a person could do such a thing? I think it's a provocation. A devil will tempt us to do something wrong.

    To Mideo, I'll just forgive him. Let's just show forgiveness instead of throwing curses to him. Pity his sins. And move on.

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Yeah hate the sin and not the sinner. Sometimes people can do stupid things that's why we always need to be careful.

    TumugonBurahin