Linggo, Marso 20, 2011

Reinstalling Windows using USB Flashdrive

My computer is messing up since Friday and I hate it. Saturdays and Sundays are the days that I spend more than four hours surfing the net so it's pretty frustrating for me. Internet explorer is missing and whenever I open up an application it shows bad image. I tried running chkdsk it didn't work and I also ran sfc /scannow and it didn't work (though for bad image error running sfc /scannow will do the trick but on my case it didn't solve the issue). The only thing left to do is to reformat my system but the problem is my DVD drive is not working. So I had to find another way to solve the issue. I reinstalled Windows 7 using USB drive. Here are the step by step instruction on how to reformat using USB.

You will need the following:
  •  4GB USB Flash drive
  • Winrar
  • Windows 7 
First, you should reformat your USB. Open command prompt as an administrator and type the following  commands one at a time:
  • DISKPART
  • Select disk # (Where # is the number of your USB stick.)
  • Clean (this command will remove any existing partition on your USB stick)
  • Create Partition Primary (creates a new primary partition with default parameter)
  • Select Partition 1 (focus on the newly created partition)
  • Active (sets in-focus partition to active)
  • Format FS=NTFS
  • Assign
  • Exit
Next is you have to use another PC in case your CD drive is not working like mine. View the files it contains. Copy all files on your desktop and paste it in your USB stick. Plug it on your system and make sure that you change temporarily the boot order in BIOS to allow booting from the USB stick. The restart your system and it should automatically begin loading windows files. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento