Lunes, Marso 14, 2011

Summer Means Having Fun

It is summer now here in the Philippines. Everyone is excited about it and everyone busy planning where to go to spend their summer vacation. There are two things that I’m looking forward to every summer. One, is the holy week (being a religious country we sure don’t want to miss this one). During holy week all people go to different churches we call it “Visita de Iglesia” Holy week is the time where we think of Jesus and how to sacrificed himself to save us all (though we should always think of this everyday but this is a very specialy occasion (if I must say) to all Catholics. So, the other thing that excites me every summer is I get a chance to go to a nice place. When I say nice place it doesn’t mean fine dining restaurant, mall, or whatever because we can go to those places whenever we want to here in the city. When I say nice place I am pertaining to beaches, mountain, falls, river, or wherever outside the busy city that I live in. Last summer we went to Quezon. I have relatives in Quezon province so we don’t need to go to a hotel. We were planning to trek Mt Pinagbanderahan but unfortunately we our drivers are very lazy and they don’t want to take us there (but we will not hire them this time). So we go to plan B which is to go to an island.
We enjoyed the the beautiful scene on that island. We had fun playing in the beach and I spent most of the time sitting in there enjoying the beatiful scene. Philippines is a beautiful country for there are a lot of beautiful places that you can go to.  I just hope that its people will learn to appreciate nature in a positive way. What I mean in a positive way is not to take advantage of our nature or of those beautiful places for their own good. Whenever they see a beautiful place they tend to take that as an opportunity to increase their wealth by building hotels near the beach and they don’t care even if they destroy a mountain just to get what they want. I hope that government officials will not be blinded by  these businessmen and would be more concern in our country’s future. I am not saying that we should not take advantage of these places but what I am saying is that we should preserve this places and show to everyone its true beauty. I don’t think that not putting up a hotel in a beach will make it less beautiful.

1 komento: