Martes, Hulyo 19, 2011

Time to Learn Muay Thai

You see I'm off this week but next week I'll start to get busy with work and muay Thai. I registered to a muay Thai lesson and it will start next week. For those peeps who doesn't have an idea what muay Thai is it is a  combat sport from Thailand that uses stand-up striking along with various clinching techniques. If you have watched Ongbak then you have definitely seen some muay Thai action. Muay Thai is sometimes called as the "Art of Eigth Limbs" or "Science of Eight Limbs" because makes use of punches, kicks, elbows and knee strikes, consequently using eight points of contact unlike other sports such as boxing which uses firsts (two point of contact) and sports-oriented martial arts (four points). You see it is good to know at least one combat technique that way I can defend myself in case I ran into a situation which I need to defend myself. I'm not just learning how to defend myself but at the same time it helps me get fit. My brothers are pretty surprised when I told them that I enrolled to a Muay Thai lesson because they thought that I would never ever want to learn muay Thai. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento